Formation and Testing the Idea Conception
At the initial stage of conception testing we employ qualitative research methods: focus groups, diads, triads and thorough interviews are those methods which are used by marketing specialists to obtain answers on questions such as:
- Whether consumers understand the idea;
- Does the product have benefits different from existing competitive products on the market?
- What are the existing barriers related to product consumption and are these barriers real?
- Would they buy the product?
- Would it replace currently consumed product?
- What would it change and improve in product conception?
After the qualitative research, when the conception is edited/corrected, it is possible to test the product idea on bases of quantitative methods. This test is implemented with the purpose to estimate how many individuals are or will be ready to consume the product and thus, make sales forecast.